The Honderich Bursary at York University in Canada, 2020 – Want to be financially secure for your education? Good News! York University is pleased to announce the Honderich Bursary for the year 2020.
This scholarship is available only for Canadian Citizen/Permanent Resident/Protected Pers. Their purpose is to encourage deserving secondary school students to pursue a university education.
The Honderich Bursary at York University in Canada, 2020
York University is a public research university located in Canada. It is Canada’s third-largest university. York University has approximately 52,300 students, 7,000 faculties and staff, and 295,000 alumni worldwide.
Why at York University? The University is committed to providing a broad demographic of students to the high quality, research-intensive learning environment committed to the well-being of the public. It is known for championing new ways of thinking that drive teaching and research excellence.
Application Deadline: 15 January 2021
University or Organization: York University
Course Level: Any degree
Access Mode: Online
Number of Awards: Four
Nationality: Domestic Students
The award can be taken in Canada
Eligible Countries: Domestic Students can apply for this application.
Acceptable Course or Subjects: The sponsorship will be awarded in any degree subject offered by the university.
- Their purpose is to encourage deserving secondary school students to pursue a university education.
- A student in their penultimate year at James Cardinal McGuigan Secondary School, C.W. Jefferys Secondary School, Emery Collegiate Institute, and Westview Centennial Secondary School will be chosen by the schools annually.
- The award is renewable for an additional three years.
- Students are guaranteed a summer job at the Toronto Star at the end of their first year.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: To apply, submit The grants and bursaries application available through http://www.yorku.ca/myfile and contact your high school guidance office for the in-school application form.
- Supporting Documents: As part of the application, you need to provide all academic transcripts at the university.
- Language Requirements: Applicants from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language/other language requirements in order to be able to study there.
- Benefits: Bursaries are based on financial need. Therefore, students with financial need are encouraged to apply.