With the purpose of promotion of Chinese language and culture, the Confucius Institute Headquarters is pleased to provide international scholarship at LZU Lanzhou University in China.
The studentship is available for the highly qualified non-Chinese aspirants who want to take their future career on the teaching or international promotion of Chinese language.
Confucius Institute promotes Chinese language and culture, support local Chinese teaching internationally, and facilitate cultural exchanges. It provides a sanitized view of Chinese society which avoids contentious topics like human rights abuses and Tibet.
Why at Lanzhou University? The university provides an education that challenges boundaries. It provides an opportunity for the eligible students to succeed when they progress onto their degree program. It provides varied pathways for career advancement and professional development.
Application Deadline: September 20, 2019, and November 20, 2019
- University or Organization: Confucius Institute
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Bachelor, masters and PhD
- Award: 2500 CNY /month and 3000 CNY/month
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: Not known
- Nationality: Non-Chinese students
- The award can be taken in China
- Eligible Countries: Citizens from all around the world
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: Bachelor, masters and PhD in Teaching Chinese to Speakers of Other Languages (PhDTCSOL)
- Admissible Criteria: The applicant must in good physical and mental condition well performed both academically and behaviorally. Candidate must be the age of between16-35 by September1st, 2019.
How to Apply
For clutching this educational bursary, applicants are required to access the web at http://cis.chinese.cn and apply for a CIS ID. After that, aspirants need to apply for admission at Lanzhou University. When the university will confirm the admission of applicants then seekers can print the program certificate online and register at LZU the designated date as per admission letter.
- Supporting Documents: A scanned copy of passport photo page, provide certified documents of designation signed by their entrusted legal guardians in China, A scanned copy of score reports of HSK and HSKK, Recommendation letter by the recommending institution, provide the certificate and a reference letter from the employing institution, Physical Examination Record for Foreigners, Applicants currently worked as Chinese language teachers shall provide the certificate and reference letter from the employing institution, A certification of the highest education diploma or degree and an official transcript, 2 reference letters from professors or associate professors.
- Admission Requirements: As per the university’s entry requirements, claimants prerequisite to have their previous degree certificates and academic qualifications.
- Language Requirement: You need to provide evidence of English language skills.
The grant will provide full coverage on tuition, accommodation, living allowance (four-week study programs excluded) and comprehensive medical insurance expenses. Living allowance, monthly allowance for BTCSOL, one-academic-year program and one-semester program is 2500 CNY /month, for MTCSOL program is 3000 CNY/month is granted by the host institution on a monthly basis.